ATLANTA, Ga. (CW69 News at 10) – Buckhead Village announces it will be home to The German American Cultural Foundation’s 2021 German Christkindl Market. Open to the public from Friday, November 26, 2021, through Sunday, January 2, 2022, the German holiday market will be located on the corner of North Fulton and Buckhead Avenue (309 Buckhead Ave) and feature over 50 vendors offering food and beverage treats and items to shop, plus live music and entertainment on the weekends. Market hours will be 11:30 am-9:30 pm Sunday through Thursday and 11:30 am-10:30 pm on Friday and Saturday.
Attendees will be able to wind their way through the festive holiday market and enjoy drinks like German Glühwein – also known as mulled wine – hot chocolate and cider, and traditional German food, including pretzels, schnitzel, brats, and more. To shop, visitors will find items like ornaments from Kaethe Wohlfahrt, one of Germany’s best-known Christmas ornament shops, wooden toys, jewelry, clay and hardwood pipes, German handcrafts, and bath and body items, among much more.
Alongside the market, Buckhead Village will celebrate the merriest time of year as it transforms into an abstract winter wonderland decked with illuminated sparkling globes in trees, fresh eucalyptus garlands, oversized pastel ornaments, and larger than life floral sculptures. Wonderland happenings will abound all season long, including:
- Fri., Nov. 26 – Fri., Dec. 31 – Sugar Plum Fairy Forest: Buckhead Village will welcome guests into a whimsical, immersive Sugar Plum Fairy Forest throughout the holidays at The Veranda. Filled with contemporary photo opp moments, the space will feature pastel floral canopies, life-sized abstract trees, and colossal flowers. Guests will be able to let their inner pixie roam free amongst life-size paper trees in Buckhead Village’s reimagining of a classic holiday scene, and strike a pose with sugar plum ballerinas each Saturday beginning November 27 from noon to 6 pm.
- Every Sat., Nov. 27 – Dec. 18, noon-6 pm – Holiday Shop & Strolls: Buckhead Village’s Shop & Stroll series will invite guests to enjoy an open-air dining and shopping experience featuring family-friendly activities and crafts like ornament and cookie decorating; holiday performances, and appearances throughout the day from Stylish Santa, The Mad Violinist, Tinsletone Carolers, and ballerinas; restaurant specials; in-store events from shops around the property; food and beverage carts offering complimentary treats from Saint Germain Bakery, Georgetown Cupcake, Bella Cucina, Shake Shack, The Southern Gentleman and more.
- Sat., Nov. 27, 6 pm – Atlanta Ballet 2 Performance: The community can enjoy a free and open-to-the-public magical holiday performance by the Atlanta Ballet 2, presenting selections from classics like The Nutcracker and Snow White plus contemporary works. Selected by audition from all over the world, Atlanta Ballet 2 represents the highest level of training in the Atlanta Ballet Centre for Dance Education. The performances at Buckhead Village will take place alongside fire pits in the open-air space across from Le Bilboquet.
- Thurs., Nov. 11 – Sun., Nov. 14 – Buckhead Art & Co. Holiday Market: Buckhead Art & Co., a premier contemporary art gallery located at Buckhead Village, will be hosting its second annual Holiday Market this November, benefiting Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) and supporting Pamela “Pammy” Reid, a local sixth-grader who has struggled and overcome pediatric medulloblastoma. The Holiday Market helped raise $62,000 for CHOA last year, and this year’s market will feature paintings, jewelry, holiday gifts, and more for purchase from artists including Charlie Hanavich, Laura Deems, Angela Chrusciaki Blehm, and Millie Sims. The Market will be open to the public and will be located in the space next to Billy Reid, across from The Veranda.
- Sat., Dec. 11, 5-8 pm – Miracle on Peachtree: Hot Chocolate Crawl: Buckhead Village will be a part of Livable Buckhead’s Miracle on Peachtree Hot Chocolate Crawl this holiday season! Participants can view the community hub’s beautiful light displays, explore retailers’ festive window displays and stop by Saint-Germain Bakery for complimentary hot chocolate as well as other Buckhead Village restaurants to enjoy special holiday drinks, live music, beats from DJ Grace, and entertainment throughout. Tickets and additional details will be available here soon.
- Opening Mid-November – The Blitzen Room at Biltong Bar: Biltong Bar at Ponce City Market and Buckhead Village are “Up to Snow Good” as they transform their spaces for the third annual holiday pop-up: The Blitzen Room. The restaurants will feature swanky, vintage Christmas decor and seasonally themed cocktails from Chartreuse Hot Chocolate to Frozen Egg Nog.
- All season long – Fire Pits: Buckhead Village will invite guests to stop by and cozy up beside complimentary fire pits next to The Veranda all season long.