KENNESAW, Ga. (CW69 News at 10)
PRESS RELEASE:READ MORE: Sarasota County Sheriff's Office Received Funding For A High Visibility Enforcement Initiative
Town Center at Cobb will host the American Red Cross for a blood drive from Saturday, Aug. 28 – Monday, Aug. 30 from noon-5 p.m. daily. Donations are urgently needed as the organization is experiencing an extraordinary blood shortage.
Why get involved? Here are some quick facts, courtesy of the American Red Cross:
· Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
· Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives.
· Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day.READ MORE: Polk County School Cafeteria Worker Arrested for Murdering Boyfriend
· Approximately 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate – yet less than 10 percent actually do.
· The American Red Cross supplies approximately 40 percent of the nation’s blood supply.
Town Center at Cobb – Upper Level JCPenney Wing
400 Ernest Barrett Pkwy
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Saturday, Aug. 28 – Monday, Aug. 30
The American Red Cross is following FBA blood donation eligibility guidance for potential donors who have received a COVID-19 vaccination. To determine eligibility, donors that have received a vaccine should know the name of the manufacturer. To learn more, please visit redcrossblood.org.MORE NEWS: Man Taken Into Custody After Barricading Himself Inside His Home