Please note: The screening is currently full, but Universal Pictures has started a waiting list in case more passes become available.
Universal Pictures and Jordan Peele are unleashing a fresh take on the cult classic “Candyman,” based upon the blood-chilling urban legend and Atlanta’s CW69 is giving away free screening passes. The screening will be held on Tuesday, August 24 at Regal Atlantic Station.READ MORE: Stone Mountain Park’s Pumpkin Festival – Play by Day, Glow By Night,
What the movie is about:
For as long as residents can remember, the housing projects of Chicago’s Cabrini-Green neighborhood were terrorized by a word-of-mouth ghost story about a supernatural killer with a hook for a hand, easily summoned by those daring to repeat his name five times into a mirror. In present day, a decade after the last of the Cabrini towers were torn down, visual artist Anthony McCoy (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II; HBO’s Watchmen, Us) and his partner, gallery director Brianna Cartwright (Teyonah Parris; If Beale Street Could Talk, The Photograph), move into a luxury loft condo in Cabrini, now gentrified beyond recognition and inhabited by upwardly mobile millennials.
With Anthony’s painting career on the brink of stalling, a chance encounter with a Cabrini-Green old-timer (Colman Domingo; HBO’s Euphoria, Assassination Nation) exposes Anthony to the tragically horrific nature of the true story behind Candyman. Anxious to maintain his status in the Chicago art world, Anthony begins to explore these macabre details in his studio as fresh grist for paintings, unknowingly opening a door to a complex past that unravels his own sanity and unleashes a terrifying wave of violence that puts him on a collision course with destiny.READ MORE: Amerigroup Georgia Joins Its Community Partners For “Diaper Days” Free Giveaway Of Diapers And Other Baby Items
Fifty passes are available on a first come, first served basis. To receive your pass, carefully follow the directions below. Failure to follow the directions precisely may cause you not to receive your pass or lose your admission to the screening.
To RSVP to receive your personal link to view the film, please follow the steps below:
- Claim your screening pass
- Complete the RSVP process. You may need to register with gofobo.com if you have not previously used the free ticketing site.
- Follow the instructions on the ticketing site
- Arrive early! Seating is first-come, first-served, except for members of the reviewing press. This ticket does not guarantee you a seat! Theatre is overbooked to ensure a full house.
- No admittance once screening has begun
- This pass is the property of gofobo, which reserves the right to admit or refuse access to the theatre at the discretion of an authorized studio and/or theatre representative
- Duplicate passes will not be accepted. Screening passes are non-transferable. This ticket is NOT for resale. Reselling of tickets is strictly prohibited and punishable by law.
NO RECORDING PERMITTED. This screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any audio and/or visual recording devices including laptop computers into the theatre and you consent to physical search of your belongings and person for such devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device*, you consent to your immediate removal from the theatre and forfeiture of the device. Nothing contained in this notice shall limit the available remedies gofobo may have against you. Unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability (including damages up to $150,000). *This includes cell phones with photo capabilities.MORE NEWS: 2nd Electronics Recycling & Paper Shredding Event Postponed to October