ATLANTA, Ga. (CW69 News at 10)
PRESS RELEASE:READ MORE: Gov. Kemp Announces Medical Technology Company Intuitive Expanding In Gwinnett County, Adding Approximately 1,200 Jobs
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) will provide additional bus and rail service on Saturday, July 3 and Sunday, July 4 for the 52nd running of the AJC Peachtree Road Race. The race will be held over two days and the Peachtree Health and Fitness Expo held over four days to accommodate current COVID-19 restrictions. Additional adjustments made due to the pandemic include fewer race participants, masks are required to be worn when not participating in the race, and spectators and participants will not be permitted to gather at Piedmont Park post-race.
PEACHTREE HEALTH & FITNESS EXPO (by appointment only):
- Saturday, June 26 – Sunday, June 27
- 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 1 – Friday, July 2
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Georgia World Congress Center, Hall C2
- Exit at Vine City Station to enter Hall C2
- Breeze tickets available for purchase at event
AJC PEACHTREE ROAD RACE:
- Saturday, July 3 beginning at 6:30 a.m.
- Sunday, July 4 beginning at 6:05 a.m. (wheelchair start)
MARTA rail service:READ MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Is Another Relief Payment Coming Soon?
- Rail service begins at 4 a.m.
- At 6 a.m., the south end of Buckhead Station will close for the race. Use the pedestrian bridge exit on the north end of the platform and walk to the starting area near Lenox Road/Buckhead Loop.
- The Atlanta Streetcar will run from 8:15 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
MARTA bus service:
- Bus shuttles will run between Lindbergh and Lenox Stations beginning at 4 a.m.
- Many buses will be re-routed for the race. Visit www.itsmarta.com for details.
KNOW before you go:
- NEW THIS YEAR: Runners are encouraged to bring personal hydration. Fuel belt, shoulder harness, and other portable hydration devices are allowed.
- BREEZE CARDS: Check to ensure your Breeze card has not expired: https://balance.breezecard.com/breezeWeb/jsp/web/cardnumberweb.jsp
Load your Breeze card online in advance: Breezecard.com
- PARKING: Parking is limited at Doraville and Brookhaven Stations due to COVID vaccination sites.
- RESTROOMS: Public restrooms are available at 16 rail stations, with additional portable toilets stationed at Midtown and Lindbergh Stations. See a rail map for details.
- SAFETY: Uniformed MARTA police officers and Transit Ambassadors will be available if you need assistance.
Download MARTA’s See&Say app to report suspicious activity.
- SERVICE: Download MARTA’s On the Go app for real-time service alerts.
Follow @MARTASERVICE on Twitter for service updates and announcements.MORE NEWS: Southeastern U.S.: A Rainy Week Ahead