BUFORD, Ga. (CW69 News at 10)
PRES RELEASE:READ MORE: Sarasota Man Arrested And Facing Charges Of Sexual Battery On A Victim Under 12
The American Red Cross will host a blood drive at Mall of Georgia in July. All donors who donate at Mall of Georgia July 2-4 will be automatically entered for a chance to win a trip for four to Cedar Point or Knott’s Berry Farm. This includes travel, hotel, park admission and more!* Also, all donors who come to give during this drive will also receive an exclusive Red Cross embroidered hat, while supplies last!*
Why get involved? The American Red Cross is experiencing a severe blood shortage as the number of trauma cases, organ transplants and elective surgeries rise—and deplete the nation’s blood inventory. The Red Cross is working around the clock to meet the extraordinary blood needs of hospitals and patients but can’t do it alone. They need your help! Here are some quick facts, courtesy of the American Red Cross:
· Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
· Just one donation can save up to three lives!
· Blood cannot be manufactured – it can only come from generous donors
· Shortages of all blood types usually occur during the summer and winter holidays, making it crucial to donate now!
· The American Red Cross supplies approximately 45% of the nation’s blood supply
WHAT: American Red Cross Blood DriveREAD MORE: Two Arrested In Shooting At Landmark Motel
WHEN: July 2-3, 2021 July 4, 2021
12-5 p.m. 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
WHERE: Mall of Georgia – Upper level across from Dick’s Sporting Goods
3333 Buford Drive
Buford, GA 30519
MORE NEWS: Sales Clerk Arrested For Illegal Alcohol Sale