ATLANTA, Ga. (CW69 News at 10)
Kennesaw shopping center encourages blood donations from local community
Supporting the highest blood donor shortage since COVID-19 hit, Town Center at Cobb will hold an American Red Cross blood drive from Weds, June 9-Thurs, June 10 from 12-5 p.m.
Blood donations provide patients with necessary, life-saving treatment. According to the American Red Cross:
· Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
· One in seven hospital patients need blood
· Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives
· Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day
· Approximately 38% of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day
· The American Red Cross supplies approximately 40% of the nation’s blood supply
WHERE: Town Center at Cobb – Upper Level JCPenney Wing
400 Ernest Barrett Pkwy
Kennesaw, GA 30144
WHEN: Weds, June 9-Thurs, June 10
HOW: Visit redcrossblood.org using sponsor code ‘tcac’ to schedule an appointment in advance. Donors receive a free gift while supplies last. Appointments are recommended but are not required.
The Red Cross is following FBA blood donation eligibility guidance for potential donors who have received a COVID-19 vaccination. To determine eligibility, donors that have received a vaccine should know the name of the manufacturer. To learn more, please visit redcrossblood.org.
For more information on these events, visit bit.ly/tcc-blood-drive.