ATLANTA, Ga. (CW69 News at 10)
Northwest Atlanta’s largest shopping destination invites Cobb County community to donate towards critical need
Save lives by donating blood! The American Red Cross will host a blood drive at Town Center at Cobb from March 3-5 from 12-5 p.m. Winter weather and COVID-19 have dramatically decreased donor turnout at many blood drives. Donations are critically needed for thousands of patients to receive necessary, life-saving treatments.
Why get involved? Here are some quick facts, courtesy of the American Red Cross:
· Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
· Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives
· Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day.
· Approximately 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate – yet less than 10 percent actually do
· The American Red Cross supplies approximately 40 percent of the nation’s blood supply
Town Center at Cobb – Upper Level JCPenney Wing
400 Ernest Barrett Pkwy, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Wednesday-Friday, March 3-5
All appointments for Wednesday, March 3 have been filled. Openings are still available for March 4-5.
Visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS using sponsor code ‘tcac’ to schedule an appointment in advance. Reservations are recommended but not required.
The Red Cross is following FBA blood donation eligibility guidance for potential donors who have received a COVID-19 vaccination. To determine eligibility, donors that have received a vaccine should know the name of the manufacturer. To learn more, please visit redcrossblood.org.