ATLANTA, Ga. (CW69 News at 10) — As expected, the votes may be in, but it will take a while to count them, especially considering the problems reported at many precincts during the Georgia Primary Election held on June 9, 2020.
Many of the polls remained open much longer than anticipated to accommodate the long lines of people waiting to vote. Officials have said it will take a few days to count all of the votes, including the absentee ballots.READ MORE: Some US Companies Will Cover Travel Costs For Employees Who Need An Abortion
Below are some unofficial results for some of Georgia’s biggest races, as of 2:38 p.m. Potential runoffs are expected for candidates who did not break 50% in the primary and are marked by asterisks (**).
As Secretary of State officials have said, the totals may not include all Absentee or Provisional Ballots. In addition, these unofficial results do not include ballots cast in the March Presidential Preference Primary.
President of the United States (Counties/Precincts Reporting: 80.92%):
- Republican: Donald J. Trump 714,848
- Democrat: Joseph R. Biden 561,011
U.S. Senate: (Counties/Precincts Reporting: 81.46%):
- Republican: David Perdue (incumbent) 742,569
- Democrat: John Ossoff 355,053**
- Democrat: Sarah Riggs Amico 96,472**
- Democrat: Teresa Pike Tomlinson 104,697**
*Special Election Note: Several candidates are running for former U.S. Senator Johnny Isakson’s seat in the November 3, 2020 Special Election. The top Republican candidates are Senator Kelly Loeffler (incumbent) and Representative Doug Collins. The top Democrats are Raphael Warnock and Matt Lieberman.
Sixth Congressional District (Counties/Precincts Reporting: 0%):
- Republican: Karen Handel 26,497
- Democrat: Lucy McBath 42,428
Seventh Congressional District (Counties/Precincts Reporting: 50%):
- Republican: Rich McCormick 19,208
- Democrat: Carolyn Bourdeaux 23,137
Ninth Congressional District (Counties/Precincts Reporting: 85%):
- Republican: Matt Gurtler 23,625**
- Republican: Andrew Clyde 19,403**
- Republican: Paul Broun 14,053
- Democrat: Brooke Siskin 9,391**
- Democrat: Devin Pandy 7,080**
Fourteenth Congressional District (Counties/Precincts Reporting: 90.91%):
- Republican: Marjorie Taylor Greene 40,759
- Democrat: Kevin Van Ausdal 23,557
For updates on these and other Georgia primary results as they are posted, click here.