“Atlanta, Ga (CW69 News at 10pm)”
(Lawrenceville, Ga., May 15, 2020) – Eight official ballot drop boxes are now in place across Gwinnett County to provide eligible voters with a new way to return absentee/advance by mail ballots for the June 9 Presidential Preference Primary, General Primary and Nonpartisan Election.
No postage is necessary on ballots placed in the drop boxes. The secure drop boxes are monitored by video and available 24/7 at these locations:
- Bogan Park Community Recreation Center, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford
- Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Old Auburn Ave., Dacula
- George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee
- Lenora Park Gym, 4515 Lenora Church Road, Snellville
- Lucky Shoals Park Community Recreation Center, 4651 Britt Road, Norcross
- Mountain Park Aquatic Center,1063 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain
- Shorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth
- Voter Registrations and Elections Beauty P. Baldwin Building, 455 Grayson Highway, Suite 200, Lawrenceville
Voting by mail is an option for all voters and not just those who will be out of town. Voters may request an absentee/advance by mail ballot for the June 9 Presidential Preference Primary, General Primary and Nonpartisan election now through Friday, June 5. Voters can complete the application form online at GwinnettElections.com or call the Voter Registrations and Elections Office at 678-226-7210 to request an application.
A completed application must first be received before an absentee/advance ballot is issued. Once County election officials verify the signature on the application, the voter will be sent a ballot for the June 9 election.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office mailed absentee ballot applications to all active registered voters this spring. The State Election Board since adopted an emergency rule allowing for the placement of secure ballot drop boxes for use by voters to turn in completed absentee ballots.