Join Andy Bunker & Arthur Triche for Episode 15 of “The Basketball Show,” four quarters of NBA and Atlanta Hawks podcast fun.
FIRST QUARTER – This week’s NBA news
- The Blake Griffin trade to Detroit – who won the trade; will top players get no-trade clauses in the contracts?
- What kind of statement is James Harden making after a 60-point game and triple-double against Orlando?
- We now know the All-Star rosters for Team LeBron and Team Stephen – who got the better of that draft?
- Which team should make a trade now?
- All 30 teams will participate in the Las Vegas Summer League (Orlando’s ending their mini-SL competition, while Utah will continue to hold theirs) – all will play at least five games, and the W/L record determines the teams that continue for the championship.
SECOND QUARTER – injuries to key players involving teams in playoff contention
- The injury to Kevin Love – how will this affect Cleveland moving forward?
- John Wall had knee surgery, he’s gone for six to eight weeks – the Wizards beat the Hawks without him, will he be missed?
- How does Boogie Cousins’ season-ending injury hurt the Pelicans, and his free agent chances?
- How will Andre Roberson’s season-ending injury impact the Thunder?
THIRD QUARTER – the latest with the Hawks
- Dwight Howard returned Wednesday, he clearly wants to destroy the Hawks – do you understand his attitude on that?
- Quality win vs. Minnesota, snapping a three-game losing streak
- They travel to Boston on Friday, at Knicks on Super Bowl Sunday (12 noon) – will they focus on Sunday?
FOURTH QUARTER – random musings
- Who are the leading MVP candidates right now – Harden, Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, Giannis Antetokounmpo or LBJ?
- Who’s the best rookie right now? Ben Simmons, Jayson Tatum, Kyle Kuzma or Donovan Mitchell?
- LeBron James says there’s a double-standard in loyalty between teams and players.