Atlanta Falcons Radio Network analyst Dave Archer joined The Morning Show with John Fricke and Hugh Douglas on Monday to talk about the tam’s big divisional win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday. Here were some of the topics:
- [0:56] The day Julio Jones had: “I just had a feeling based on the coverage that they were going to see, Julio was going to have an opportunity to draw a lot of single coverage, which he did. You just can’t play him with one guy.”
- [1:32] Why did Mike Smith try to cover Julio Jones one on one? Their main coverage is a Cover 4.
- [2:15] What Mohamed Sanu had to do with Tampa Bay’s decision to cover Julio Jones one on one.
- [3:09] Is Steve Sarkisian becoming more comfortable? How Matt Ryan factors into to this situation too.
- [4:46] On Mohamad Sanu’s pass to Julio Jones. The Falcons had never repped that play the whole way through.
- [6:32] The Falcons defense comes up huge after Terrn Ward’s fumble.
- [7:19] On Ricardo Allen’s versatility. He played free safety, nickel and corner on Sunday.
- [8:13] Are we seeing the Falcons peak?
- [9:43] Archer’s evaluation on rookie pass-rusher Takk McKinley.
- [11:20] Tevin Coleman has taken this opportunity to play and established himself.
- [13:05] A look ahead to the red-hot Minnesota Vikings.