It would have been impossible for Atlanta United to top the memorable and historic moment that was their inaugural match in front of 55, 297 supporters at Bobby Dodd Stadium on March 5. But that doesn’t mean history wasn’t made when Atlanta hit the pitch in Minnesota for the Battle of the Expansion sides.
Atlanta’s match at TCF Bank Stadium Sunday was played with a game-time temperature of 19 degrees, the coldest MLS contest ever.
Kyle Tait and Craig Carlos-Valentino can help supporters thaw with their hot takes in Episode 2 of “Off The Woodwork,” our soccer podcast. Here are some of the highlights:
- They broke down the Minnesota match.
- You’ll hear audio clips from Josef Martinez, Miguel Almiron, Jeff Larentowicz and Tata Martino.
- Tait and CCV spoke on how the tactics changed from the first to second match.
- Talked about how Atlanta’s style of the backs pushing forward will bite them against a team with a wider style.
- Where does Andrew Carleton fit in?
- How bad is Minnesota United?
- The duo also looked ahead to Atlanta’s match on Saturday when the United host the Chicago Fire.
Click below to hear the entire podcast: