The 5 most surprising Power-5 teams…
5. Washington 11-1. That the Huskies were back on top under Chris Petersen id no shock. But this club was dominant. Eight times they put at least 41 points on the board. A National Championship could still happen this season.READ MORE: Family of Gwinnett Co. woman killed in accidental shooting seeks justice
4. Auburn 8-4. When your season starts and ends with Clemson and Alabama you know it’s going to be a challenge. With a shaky QB situation the Tigers proved the demise of Gus Malzahn was more than premature by finishing in 2nd place in the toughest division in the game.
3. Colorado 10-2. Wow have things turned around in Boulder. Pac-12 South champs and a defense that has been stellar in an offensive minded league.
2. Vanderbilt 6-6. The ‘Dores are going to a bowl. No projection had that at the start of the season. Beat Georgia, Ole Miss and Tennessee. Let that last line sink in.
1. Penn State 10-2. There was serious chatter in September about James Franklin’s ‘last season’. Funny no one saying that now. 8 wins in a row and a shot now to make the CFB playoff. Who was Big Ten East champ again? Franklin ought to be National Coach of the Year.READ MORE: President Joe Biden Signs Inflation Reduction Act Into Law
And the 5 most disappointing…
5. Oregon 4-8 UCLA was no better with a better QB but the Ducks dominant days maybe done.
4. Ole Miss 5-7 By far the best last place team in any division or conference but still a last place finish. And their star QB was an off field and social media embarrassment.
3. Texas 5-7 There is no excuse for this. The end of season losses to Kansas and TCU were awful enough to get the coach fired.
2. Michigan State 3-9 That this year would be down from the previous two (Rose Bowl and CFB playoff) is forgivable. Still one win in conference? Well at least they beat the #1 team on this list.MORE NEWS: A Florida Judge To Hold Hearing Tuesday On Request To Unseal Mar-A-Lago Affidavit
1. Notre Dame 4-8. The Irish lost to two teams on this list and almost went 2-10. This with a roster loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits. It’s time they took a serious look at joining the Big Ten.