We’ve been talking about movies for the last few days so I thought I would put together my Top 5 favorite movies and explain why each one ranks where it does.
5. Old School: I came across this movie when I was in college and it has to be the second funniest movie that I ever saw. The part where the wedding singer was singing had me crying laughing. I looked at one of my teammates really crazy when he brought it, but I am forever in debt to him because it was freaking hilarious. This particular movie came out in 2003 when I was in college, and I can say that I could relate to the wild times.
4. Boyz In The Hood: When it comes to movies this had to be one of the more quotable movies that I have come across, from the scene where “Ricky” gets shot, to the scene at the end where “Ice Cube” makes a statement that probably still holds true to this day. This movie came out in 1991 and depicted how it was growing up in California.
3. Dead Presidents: One of the reasons that this one makes my all-time great list is because it gives you a peek into how hard it was for Vietnam veterans to find work and it also had a great soundtrack as well. This particular movie came out in 1995 when you actually used to go out and buy the soundtrack for movies! Those were the days.
2. Glory: The reason this movie ranks so high to me is because the effect that it had on me when I first saw it, it really put things into perspective on how things were during the civil war. This movie was made in 1989 for all of you who think that I still have baby milk dripping from my mouth.
1. Friday: This has to be one of the funniest movies of all time. This particular movie came out in 1995 when I was a youngster in middle school. I remember when I used to dress up like my favorite character “Smokey” when I used to wear my khaki pants and my blue t-shirt to school.