We are a week away from Christmas and if you are forever the procrastinator, or just lazy, its time. Time to start shopping. But have no fear, I’m here to help you take care of everybody in the family without leaving the safe space of the interwebs.
1) Your Mom: Braves tickets. Let’s be honest, mom just wants to spend some quality time with her kids. No better place than Turner Field. Crowds will be light this season, traffic won’t be bad and there are plenty of ticket pricing options. Bonus: They have WINE on DRAFT at Braves games! Nothing pairs better with a guilt trip than a nice Chardonnay.READ MORE: Sen. Warnock chairs congressional hearing in Georgia on push to lower prescription drug costs
2) Your Pseudo Racist Uncle That Thinks Atlanta is Nothing But Thugs or Rednecks: Hawks Tickets. They may have struggled through the first quarter of the season, but the Hawks Bandwagon is still full. Go experience a game at Philips Arena and you will see every age, race and tax bracket having a great time. Sports fans will appreciate NBA basketball, entertainment fans will love the music and cheerleaders. Plus, it’s hard not to laugh at Harry the Hawk or the Kiss Cam. Sam Jackson called Falcons Fans the “melting pot” of Atlanta, I disagree, Hawks have won that title.
3) Cousin From Up North Always Complaining About The SEC: UGA Football Tickets. We all have that cousin that is a die hard MAC/AAC/C-USA fan who is easily set off by any mention of the SEC. Take him for an afternoon in Athens. I’m sure the tailgating before a Ball State game is fun, but nothing compares to a Saturday in the SEC. From experience, I can promise, even the most stubborn Boise St. fan will walk away with an appreciation of a UGA Tailgate (if for nothing else but the co-eds).READ MORE: Brittney Griner Appears In Russian Court On Drug Smuggling Charges
4) The Brilliant Nephew Who Wants the Gameday Experience Without the Hassle: GT Football Tickets. Easy parking with plenty of spots to tailgate. Aside from a division match up or UGA, there will be plenty of good seats available. Plus, GT has some of the best views of Atlanta, if you need a distraction from the action on the field.
5) You’re Millennial/Hipster Niece: Ga. Swarm Tickets. Atlanta’s newest franchise is perfect for the college kid that knows everything, yet complains about everything. It’s a full contact sport, but not as violent as NFL or NHL. The good thing about the Swarm is that they don’t have massive sponsors, so she can’t complain about evil corporations. They also play at the Arena at Gwinnett Center and a smaller venue means better WiFi, so she can continue to blog about Bernie Sanders. The only problem will be getting her head out of her phone for more than 10 mins. Good luck?
Have a Great Christmas and New Year!MORE NEWS: Florida Judge Says 15-Week Abortion Law In Florida Is Unconstitutional
Follow me on Twitter @Marko6262