5) Devonta Freeman (Atlanta Falcons) – When you think of the Atlanta Falcons’ offense the first name people think of is Julio Jones, but Freeman has suddenly changed that. Along with Jones, Devonta has led Atlanta to a 6-1 record. He is at the top of the league in rushing yards and has stepped out as “THE” running back in the Georgia Dome.
4) Andy Dalton (Cincinnati Bengals) – We know that you’re not used to seeing a Bengal in this position, even in the first half of the season. Dalton also has Cincy undefeated. He is currently second in total passing yards, top five in yards per game and top 10 in completion percentage.
3) Cam Newton (Carolina Panthers) – Cam Newton has the city of Charlotte on his shoulders. His young target from last season (Kevin Benjamin) was injured prior to the season, leaving Cam with virtually no offensive weapons. Like Aaron Rodgers, Newton has been moving his team down the field with both his arms and his legs. Under his leadership the Panthers are on top of the NFC South and undefeated.
2) Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) – Aaron Rodgers has been well… Aaron Rodgers this season! He has been doing it with his arm as well as with his legs. His team is undefeated despite having his favorite target get injured before the season started (Jordy Nelson).
1) Tom Brady (New England Patriots) – We all knew that Tom Brady would have a point to prove to all of the skeptics (including the NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell) who claim that he is a cheater. He is Top 5 in pretty much every passing category that matters and the Patriots are currently undefeated.
By Gordon Robinson