Top 5 things to keep an eye on at The Presidents’ Cup…
5) OK, it’s not the Ryder Cup, but it’s the 8th best thing golf has going, (think Masters’, US Open, British, err, excuse me the “Open Championship”, PGA, Players’ and FedEx Cup-not necessarily in that order).READ MORE: Fulton County Sheriff’s Office Hosting Job Expo
4) An event the U.S. has dominated. For the last 10 events, (20 years since they tee every other year); the U.S. has taken 8 of 10. The internationals’ only grabbed one back in ’98 and the one in ’03 was a tie. Unlike the Ryder Cup where we get our #$%, (rhymes with “glass”); kicked.
3) (Referring to the previous); At least we’re not playing the Europeans’, where they have grabbed 8 of the last 10-no ties and we have been owned. Maybe those in foreign lands felt sorry for us, thus the creation of this event. Actually it was created to give other countries’ outside of Europe a chance to compete. However, it does “mirror” the Ryder. The scoring system is “match play”, with foursome doubles-fourball doubles and singles.READ MORE: Two Tampa Residents Guilty Of Conspiracy To Commit Access Device Fraud And Aggravated Identity Theft
2) The guys do not get paid. You would like to think they’re teeing for pride of country instead of a check. When it comes to these competitions, they do not “mail it in”.
1) (Referring to the previous); You will see good golf. The majority of the team is selected based on FedEx cup points, so they had to have performed. Plus, you have the young guys who are the new guard in the mix, (Jordan Spieth, Bubba Watson, Rickie Fowler, Dustin Johnson.MORE NEWS: HCSO Is Seeking Public Assistance In Man Who Committed Multiple Vehicle Burglaries
Perhaps the tide will change since 6 to 8 players’ on this years team could tee it next year for the Ryder when this new guard looks at the records and say-“We’re not gonna take it anymore”.