In of honor Breast Cancer Awareness month, Grady and V-103’s Wanda Smith want to celebrate you or maybe your unsung hero. Go to v-103.com/getfitandbehealthy and tell Wanda about your journey with Breast Cancer – maybe you’ve supported a friend, maybe you are a survivor, however you have been affected by breast cancer, and you are doing your part to help, let us know! If you are selected, Wanda will salute you and you could receive a complimentary screening mammogram at Grady Hospital!
Knowing is Half The Battle.
- Breast cancer affects thousands of women each year. In 2015, 231,840 women are expected to be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer.
- Mammograms save lives. They are the best way to detect early stage breast cancer.
- One in eight American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Even so, 4 of 10 women don’t get annual mammograms.
- Light The Town Pink 2015: Grady and V-103 Light the Town Pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness and enter for a chance to win one of 103 complimentary screening mammograms courtesy of Grady. Atlanta can’t live without Grady
Upcoming Light The Town Pink Events:
10/24/2015: Breast Cancer Walk – Centennial Park
- When you walk with us, you are joining the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting nearly 300 communities to finish the fight. Last year, more than one million Making Strides walkers helped to raise more than $60 million for the American Cancer Society to help save more lives from breast cancer. Join the V-103 and 1380 WAOK team this year at the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on Saturday, October 24, 2015 at Centennial Olympic Park. Event time: 7 a.m. registration and 9 a.m. Walk begins