1. Will the real Jordan Spieth show up?
Now I don’t want to jinx anyone or say I told you so, (given this isn’t a major); but you have to wonder what’s going on between the kid’s ears. Not too long ago everyone was ready to crown the kid “king”, while I said slow the roll. Seems as if the appearances, obligations and expectations may have gotten to him. Plain and simple his head isn’t in it. But when you’re the worlds’ number one or two, with multiple majors’, guess you can slack.READ MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Will You See Another Relief Payment?
2. Conway Farms isn’t the most difficult of courses.
The guys will score. Just to refresh, Jim Furyk lit up the track back in ’13 with a 59.
3. The top of the field can relax, just a bit.READ MORE: Operation Pinch-A-Grinch Returns
There’s no cut and all 70 players will play all four rounds. However, it’s time for the lower tier to “step on the gas”. Some familiar names need to go real low. Both Phil Mickelson and Sergio Garcia need to finish no worse than third to get into the Top 30 for East Lake.
4. Some of the marquees’ who have a shot to get to Number One.
Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Rickie Fowler, Henrik Stenson and Bubba Watson could clog it up with strong finishes in Chicago this week. Day and Spieth don’t need to sweat, regardless, they’ll be in the Top 5 for next week. (It pays to be consistent and win early and often).
5. Two players to keep an eye on this week.MORE NEWS: Supply Chain Issues: 'There Really Are Problems Everywhere,' Even For Small Companies
Zach Johnson who actually won the BMW at Conway back in ’13 and Henrik Stenson who floated part of his check from the cup that same year after a little practice on a locker with his driver.