College Football is back and all is right in the world.
No, that’s not a tear, its just dusty in here.READ MORE: Bradenton Woman Arrested In Fatal Pedestrian Crash
Every game, even the “cupcake” matchups are important, but looking over Georgia’s 2015 schedule I picked 5 games that have peaked my interest the most. Some for revenge, some for tailgating, but all for bragging rights.
So here are MY Top 5 UGA 2015 Matchups:
1) Oct. 3: vs. Alabama – Series history: Alabama leads, 37-25-4. The last meeting between the Dawgs and Tide came down to a missed opportunity and cost UGA a trip to the National Championship. Athens is going to be insane. Im going to assume CBS will pick it up for a 330 kickoff and I cant wait… to watch it from the Media Room at Turner Field. Yup. This game falls on the last Braves home series of the season. As much as I love my Dawgs and bleed Red & Black, I have responsibility. Stupid adult life, when the hell did I become responsible!? Anyway, I’ll still probably go up to Athens for a bit that morning to check out the scene before gearing up for the Braves vs Cards game. (and yes, my UGA vs Bama tickets are already taken and with that, mortgage paid!)
2) Oct. 10: at Tennessee – Dawgs have won the last 5, and 6 of the last 7. HOWEVER – the last 2 wins were decided by a TOTAL of 6 points. The overall series is tied, 21-21-2. The Bama game plays a big part of UGA’s mindset going into Knoxville. If we fall to the Tide, look for some attitudes to be down, Some are calling for UT to take the East, so this could be the biggest division match up of the season.READ MORE: Child Tax Credit: When Will Parents Get Their First Monthly Check?
3) Oct. 31: vs. Florida (Jacksonville) – UGA has won 3 of the last 4, The Dawgs will be coming off a bye week but by now, the season could already have its direction.. Series history: Georgia leads, 50-41-2. I think UGA comes in angry and embarrassed over last years thumping. I also like this one because for the first time in about 5 years that I’ll be making the trip to the Worlds Largest Don’t Call It A Cocktail Party. I’m hydrating now.
4) Nov. 21: vs. Georgia Southern – The 2014 Sun Belt Conference Champions. Series history: Georgia leads, 5-0. Ga. Southern is a good team. By now, the Bulldogs will most likely know their fate in the SEC and God Forbid a trip to Atlanta is not in the plans, Southern could capitalize. Plus, I have a lot of Southern friends and they are stoked to hit Athens and THEY KNOW HOW TO PARTY!! The game will be good, the tailgating will be GREAT.
5) Nov. 28: vs. Georgia Tech – GT Fans are still proudly wearing their “we run this state every now and then” shirts, but this game will have major Bowl implications. UGA has won 12 of the last 14 and Georgia leads the overall series 64-38-5. Like Florida, UGA is not happy about last seasons OT loss to the Bees and will hit the Flats ready. Plus, it will be nice to travel 20 mins to watch The Dawgs and not 2 hours.
Am I right? Am I way off? Let me know on Twitter @Marko6262
Thanks for reading,MORE NEWS: UPDATED: Atlanta Weekend Violence Leaves 20 People Shot, Four Dead