Get Ready For The Second Of Four.
The Top 5 Things For The Deutsche Bank You Need To Know.
1. This is the tournament where some of the middle tier feeders can make the biggest move. The field’s set at 100, gets cut to the Top 70 immediately following and then the collars start tightening, (but that will be a blog for next week).
2. Rory McIlroy is back in the field. The whiz kid had enough points to take a pass last week, but now knows the importance of competing the rest of the way. Plus he loves the TPC-Boston track. McIlroy also got a big boost last week, with Jordan Spieth tanking and missing the cut, Rory shot back up to the number one spot.
3. For now, Jason Day is on top of the points board, but the leads’ not even 300 points with Jordan Spieth knocking on his door.However, Day is “white hot” right now, grabbing three of his last four tourneys’ and a good run last year at this TPC wrapping in the Top 10.
4. The Player of the Year chatter has begun. Personally, I know all the golf writers love to get into the “where they finished stats”. This is the year that makes it easy, at least for me. Give me majors’. Scoreboard? Jordan Spieth with 2-hands down. However, there is a caveat. If Jason Day wins the Fed Ex cup, flip a coin.
5. Last but certainly not least, after the wrap this week. The top 10 from a tally of total Fed Ex Cup Points from the last two years will tee it up for The Presidents’ Cup. The event is now a little over 20 years’ old and the States’ have dominated. (Why can’t we do the same for The Ryder Cup?). Oh well, different blog for a different day.