The focus in the city of Atlanta has shifted from baseball to football.
However, don’t write off the Braves just yet.READ MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Will You See Another Relief Payment?
I don’t think anyone is betting on a trip to the World Series, but with the addition of Swisher and Bourn returning to the lineup has added a spark to the team. The team has some real leaders, seem to get along and while the win loss record is still weak, they are still out there swinging and refuse to lay down for the remainder of the 2015 season.
Braves are back this weekend for a quick 3 game weekend set hosting the Diamondbacks. So, instead of detailing everything going on, here are the top 5 moments to look forward to this weekend at The Ted.
1) GATE GIVEAWAY! Last weeks replica World Series Ring was a huge hit. If you didn’t get one, they are on Ebay for upwards of $50 and if you are a big Braves fan, I’d recommend shelling out the cash for one. They are legit. Friday night will be another popular giveaway as the first 20,000 fans will get a John Smoltz Bobble head. Plus there will be a special pre-game tribute to Smoltzy on the field.
2) Post Game Friday its Friday Night Fireworks! Almost 10 mins of Ooohhs and Ahhhhs set to a fun theme (I don’t know what it will be this weekend, but since it will be John Smoltz night, I assume it will have “Hall of Fame” type music.READ MORE: Operation Pinch-A-Grinch Returns
3) Saturday is Military Heroes Night. Say what you will about the Braves as a team, but the organization does an AWESOME job paying tribute and respect to the Nations Military. Before Saturdays 7:10 first pitch, look for a special presentation featuring U.S. Special Ops Para Commandos parachuting into Turner Field, The U.S. Navy gets a special 100th Anniversary honor, WWII Vets will be recognized, look up for a Special Flyover and much more. This will one of those nights where baseball takes a backseat to our heroes and I do expect a few goose bumps and tears.
4) Sunday is the Braves Brick Bash (straight from the press release) “where the family can access block-themed activities, demonstrations, competitions and an Andrelton Simmons OYO figure to take home.” For more information, visit www.Braves.com/brickbash. Plus Sunday is Paint in the Park. (again, from the PR Dept) “fans can create a masterpiece at Turner Field with a private painting class hosted by Sips N Strokes after the game.” For more information, visit www.Braves.com/paint.
5) As always, Sunday is Alumni Sunday. This is a good one where 2 hours before the 1:30 first pitch, fans can meet Sid Bream, Brad Clontz and Rob Belloir in the Fan Plaza.
So, yeah, that’s more than 5 things to look forward to, but that’s a good thing.
Come have some fun this weekend at The Ted, come say hi up in Sky Field, but don’t ask for a Replica World Series Ring, I already put mine on Ebay.MORE NEWS: Supply Chain Issues: 'There Really Are Problems Everywhere,' Even For Small Companies