We been learning something new almost everyday at Falcons Training Camp this week and some of it’s making us feel pretty good about our Falcons. And making us just feel pretty good in general.
5) The Falcons’ Special Teams are getting extra emphasis during this year’s camp and honestly, they look like they are going to be something, well, special.READ MORE: Drive-Thru Pumpkin Patch Put On By Sheriff Chad Chronister
4) It looks like the defense is beginning to gel. Vic Beasley is gaining confidence every day and Paul Worrilow is stepping up too. Worrilow has dropped 12 lbs and is excited about showing off what he can do to Coach Quinn and DC Richard Smith. Worrilow says, “I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been in and it’s a good thing, because this defense is fast.”
3) Hankerson seems to be a good fit in that spot opened up by the trade of Harry Douglas to the Tennessee Titans. Hankerson is catching almost every thing thrown his way. But just over his shoulder is WR Hardy and he must have stickem on his hands because Hardy does not drop anything. With Julio healthy, Roddy healthy, Hankerson showing out, Hardy playing hard and Freeman doing impressive things as a WR on occasion the Falcons are set on wide receivers.READ MORE: Dental Records Show The Remains Found In The Carlton Reserve Are Those Of Brian Laundrie
2) Speaking of Freeman, he’s been hurt as has been Tevin Coleman. That leaves Antone Smith and few other guys. The Falcons are very thin at running back, and that is a big concern. We’ll see where they are when the season begins.
1) The offensive line, is well, not offensive anymore. It actually looks like these guys are beginning to gel. We will again learn a lot more in the coming weeks, but there have been lots of changes and swapping happening on the line. It looks like G Mike Person could get a start at Center. So this could be an interesting preseason in every aspect of the game. We shall see!MORE NEWS: Supply Chain Issues: 'There Really Are Problems Everywhere,' Even For Small Companies