It’s only the first few days of Summer but it’s never too early to look ahead to year 2 of the CFP era… With that, here is a list of the 5 players you NEED to know for the 2015 College Football season…
5. Sterling Sheppard: WR Oklahoma Sooners… If you thought OU aired it out before, new OC Lincoln Riley & his Air Raid offense will take that to a new level. Fifty-one catches for 970 Yds would be a good overall season for any WR… Sheppard did that in barely HALF a season as injuries limited him to ONE catch the last 5 games of the year.READ MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Will You See Another Relief Payment Soon?
4. Eli Apple: CB Ohio State… It’s scary to say that as good as Ohio St was at the end of the season they may be BETTER this year. Eli Apple is a big, physical CB who as a Redshirt Frosh last year had stats better than most 4 year starters… Expect a big year from the #1 CB on the #1 team going into the 2015 season.READ MORE: 'Rides To Remember' For Pediatric Cancer Returns To Atlanta Motorsports Park On Sept. 18
3. Dalvin Cook: RB Florida St… Cook last year as a true Frosh was part of a RB committee but by season’s end had over 1000 yds, was the clear starter, and was MVP of the ACC title game. Even with Everett Golson coming over from Notre Dame to play QB, this will be a run 1st Offense and Cook is clearly the man in the backfield.
2. Derek Barnett: DE Tennessee… I believe even with all of the weapons Tenn has on offense, if they are to take that next step in 2015 it will be because of the DEFENSE. Barnett along with Curt Maggitt could be the best pass rushing duo in the country. Barnett as a true Frosh had 10 sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss… It’s not a stretch to say that Barnett could end up as the best Defensive player in the SEC.MORE NEWS: 'Beyond Reckless': Atlanta Attorneys Plan To Sue Arrive Perimeter Apts. After Explosion
1. Cody Kessler: QB Southern Cal… Many may know his name but many may not know how good he was last year being overshadowed in the conference by the Heisman Winner Marcus Mariota. Kessler had 39 TDs to only 5 INTs in 2014 & looks to bring USC back into the National Title business while setting himself up as potentially the #1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.