This weekend, Sports Radio 92.9 The Game presents our Inaugural Tailgate Fest at the Arena at Gwinnett Center. This blog may come off like a cheap excuse to promote a station event (and yes it is), however – this is also an event that I am personally very excited about.
Throughout the year, we execute a ton of street events. From live broadcasts at a bar, to Golf Tournaments to Charity events and so on. Every event has a great vibe and is worth the time to check out, but this weekend feels different because of 1 word: Tailgate.READ MORE: 'Beyond Reckless': Atlanta Attorneys Plan To Sue Arrive Perimeter Apts. After Explosion
Im a college football nut and nothing is more pleasing than getting on 316 at 8 am on a Saturday morning, cooler packed and ready for a long day playing before a UGA Game. I do the same for NASCAR Races and (before I started working there) Braves games too. If you have ever popped a cold one at 8 am while sitting in a parking lot helping your buddies hook up the TV and scoping out which tree will be your bathroom for the day, then you know what Im talking about.
Saturday from 11-4 we are giving you the opportunity to come get your Tailgating fix, but on a much more grand scale. Here are some of the elements to look forward to:
1) Beer Garden. You wont need to bum a few cold ones from your buddy or just rely on 1 brand, we will have a handful of brews available for purchase on site.
2) Live Music. Specially a DJ that from what I hear, is pretty good (read: you wont hear The Cupid Shuffle 10x)
3) Food Trucks! Scheduled to appear: One Love Jerk Grill, Philly Cheesesteak, Island Chef, On Tapa the World, Happy Belly, King of Pops and Vintage Custard (homemade ice cream!)READ MORE: Wet Weekend Ahead: Two Inches Of Rain Expected As Nicholas Hovers Over The Gulf Region
4) Huge Car Show. For the car enthusiast, Caffeine and Octane will be hosting a huge car and bike show in the parking lot.
5) Bring the Family. There will be inflatables set up (read: wear the kids out so they sleep hard Saturday night). Plus look for the Hawks Street Team giving out Hawks Gear and we (92.9 The Game) will have a ton of free swag.
However, most exciting for me will be the chance to open you chair, sit back, listen to some music, have a beer and a burger while surrounded by the professional tailgaters.
Did I mention this is all FREE??!!!!!
The only downside, we are still 90+ days away from College Footballs return
See ya SaturdayMORE NEWS: Ceremony Held At Atlanta School Renamed For Herman J. Russell
Follow me on Twitter @Marko6262