WARRENTON, Ga. (AP) — Authorities are investigating a house fire that claimed the life of a man in east Georgia.

Ralph Hudgens, Georgia’s fire commissioner, said in a statement that 81-year-old Johnny C. Duggas was killed in the fire at his mobile home in Warrenton. The fire was reported around 3 a.m. Tuesday.

Hudgens said state fire investigators determined that the blaze began in the kitchen of the home. They found that the fire was accidental — the result of a malfunction in an electrical panel.

Authorities say the man’s wife, Mary Duggas, was able to escape the fire by climbing out a window.

Warrenton is about 100 miles east of Atlanta.

(© Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments (2)

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.