So we’ve got a few new names on the air and both of them are new Atlanta residents. We literally moved them in to town the weekend before they went on the air. So these guys, Marc James and Mark Zinno, know NOTHING about social life in Atlanta yet. And this means tey do not know where to find the best hamburger, pizza, BBQ or even breakfast.
So we asked you guys to help us out on Facebook and we are listing the results here. It’s broken down by county so it’s quite a list… so we’ll break it down for you guys with a few counties each week.READ MORE: Some US Companies Will Cover Travel Costs For Employees Who Need An Abortion
Check out Fulton County and Gwinnett County listings here:
5) Gordon Biersch – Conveniently located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta on Peachtree near the Fox Theater. Unique architecture and modern-day decor with large ceilings, the restaurant can accommodate seating for 450 people and features an outdoor patio overlooking the scenic Atlanta skyline. The upper mezzanine area features a private banquet room next to the billiard room, brewery and upper bar. The upstairs mezzanine can accommodate parties of 75-150 people in a private setting. Plenty of self and valet parking available.
4) Stax – In 2012, two brothers got together and created STAX Burger Bar. A tribute to the glorious burger rooted deep in American tradition, STAX uses only high quality corn and grass fed Black Angus beef and serves their delicious creations on only the freshest buns. Stax incorporates a modern approach with ingredients and flavors that give a creative and energetic presentation to each dish.
3) Shula’s 347 Grill – Shula’s 347 Grill is named in honor of Hall of Fame Coach Don Shula, the winningest Coach in NFL history, with 347 victories! Shula’s 347 Grill follows a long line of successful restaurants, all founded on the same famous tradition of Shula’s Steak Houses. Shula’s 347 Grill has everything from gourmet salads to fresh specialty fish, and exclusively serves Premium Black Angus Beef® burgers and steaks, the best beef money can buy. At 347 we serve SHULA CUTS, which are second to none, using the same custom cuts and aging process from the legendary Shula’s Steak House.
2) The Vortex – Just in case you didn’t know, The Vortex has been honored with “Best Burger” awards by a multitude of local and national publications from the day it opened. Additional accolades followed over the years, including awards for “Best Beer Selection,” “Best Neighborhood Bar,” “Best Overall Liquor Selection in Atlanta,” “Best Bar Food,” “Best Veggie Burger,” and “One of the Top 50 Restaurants in Atlanta.” As their reputation continued to grow, the partners began to get requests to be featured on television programs. The Vortex has appeared on Man vs. Food, and many other “Best Restaurant” themed TV shows. All of this recognition was certainly nice, but the siblings never let it go to their heads. As long as their loyal customers were happy, they were happy.
1) Varsity – Just as fun as it was 86 years ago! Welcome to The Varsity! The World’s Largest Drive-in Restaurant. We have been serving customers here in Atlanta since 1928. People from all over the world come to experience The Varsity because there is nothing like it anywhere! We invite you to explore, learn about our history and reminisce.
5) Cheeseburger Bobby’s – What does the perfect cheeseburger look like to you? At Cheeseburger Bobby’s, we want to help you make your vision a reality. Because at the BYOB (Build Your Own Burger Bar), freedom of choice is your right. It all starts with fresh, never frozen 100 % U.S. beef, seared on a grill after you order it and served on a lightly buttered, toasted bun. The rest is up to you. Choose from a variety of cheeses and colorful veggie toppings that are the freshest we can find. Want four pickle slices? Cheeseburger Bobby says “No problem!” Because who knows better what you like on your burger than you? With more than a million different possible combinations, you can build a burger that’s just as unique as you are. That’s because at Cheeseburger Bobby’s, it’s all about you. At the BYOB, you are only limited by your imagination – so come in today and create, indulge and enjoy your version of the perfect cheeseburger.
4) Outback Steakhouse – Outback Steakhouse is an Australian themed steakhouse restaurant. Although beef and steak items make up a good portion of the menu, the concept offers a variety of chicken, ribs, seafood, and pasta dishes. The Company’s strategy is to differentiate its restaurants by emphasizing consistently high-quality food and service, generous portions at moderate prices and a casual atmosphere suggestive of the Australian Outback.READ MORE: Solar Patio Umbrellas Sold At Costco Are Recalled After Multiple Fires
3) Burger 21 – In November 2009, the owners of The Melting Pot Restaurants had a vision to create a modern fast-casual burger restaurant that offered a unique variety of high-quality food in a hip environment with lasting appetite appeal to people of all ages. After all, burgers are and will always be an American passion. Since the dawn of what’s been called the “Era of Upscale Burgers” in 2001, chefs in America had been elevating the burger and creating unique culinary interpretations, resulting in more refined and demanding palates among burger-loving consumers. Working with the team at our restaurant management company Front Burner Brands, President and Chief Concept Officer Mark Johnston and his wife, Concept Development Director Arlene Johnston, had a strong desire to create a restaurant that would stand out as a unique concept and satisfy those palates. After researching and taste-testing hundreds of burgers, the team founded Burger 21 and went to work creating the restaurant’s menu, décor and culture.
2) Five Guys – Five Guys has been a Washington, DC area favorite since 1986 when Jerry and Janie Murrell offered sage advice to the four young Murrell brothers: “Start a business or go to college.”The business route won and the Murrell family opened a carry-out burger joint in Arlington, Virginia.
Under the guidance of Jerry and Janie, the Murrell family served only hand-formed burgers cooked to perfection on a grill along with fresh-cut fries cooked in pure peanut oil. The little burger joint quickly developed a cult-like following. Press paid attention. Customers voted the burger”#1″ in the metro area.
During the 1980’s and 1990’s the Murrell family perfected their simple system. Five Guys was The Place to get a fresh, juicy burger with all the toppings you could stuff between fresh-baked buns. A fifth brother was born and, as their family grew, so did their business. Four more restaurants with sit-down seating were added to accommodate the growing clientele.
Early in 2003 Jerry and Janie, together with the five”guys” began offering franchise opportunities. In just under 18 months, Five Guys Enterprises sold options for over 300 units. The overwhelming success of franchising a local restaurant made national news with articles in trade publications such as Nation’s Restaurant News, Restaurant Business Magazine, and the Franchise Times.
Now, over 20 years after Five Guys first opened, there are over 1,000 locations nationwide and over 1500 units in development. Five Guys continues to receive media attention and has grown a cult-like following around the world.
1) The Flying Machine – The Flying Machine Restaurant combines a unique family setting with great, reasonably priced food in a relaxing environment. Live singing every Wed, Fri & Sat nights. You will never feel like you were rushed out to make room for other guests. You can sit back and enjoy your family and friends. Several times each week, The Flying Machine brings local entertainers to their stage to provide our guest with another reason to get out and enjoy life. The Flying Machine’s patio is one of few remaining places where you can sit next to the runway and enjoy the airplanes landing and departing at Gwinnett County Airport. FOR PILOTS, you will not find a more friendly relaxed fly-in where you can taxi right up to the patio for a $100 burger but you will have to recheck your weight and balance before take-off.
(Restaurant descriptions courtesy of each restaurant listed)
(Ranking arrived at by Facebook votes, Tweets, calls and some inner-office yelling.)
Next week we’ll check out the best burgers in DeKalb and Cobb Counties!MORE NEWS: President Joe Biden Arrives In Europe To Keep Allies United Against Russia