ATLANTA (AP/WAOK) – Authorities in metro Atlanta have identified the man and boy who died in a carbon monoxide leak.

Officials say 40-year-old Sedrick Baliem and his 11-year-old son Sedrick Baliem III were found dead Wednesday at a house in East Point.

Authorities have said the man was trying to warm the house by using a generator in the basement, which likely led to high concentrations of the colorless and odorless gas becoming trapped in the house.
Officials said Baliem’s 13-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter were semi-conscious were also hospitalized.

Investigators tell say a woman who found the family and her baby were also hospitalized after being overcome by the fumes.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.