Know Before You Go:
* Every facility requires climbers to sign a waiver before getting their rock on
* Most facilities are kid-friendly, but you want to call ahead
* Don’t worry about gear like shoes, harness or chalk — these are available for rent at the facilities
* Trained staff provide instruction and supervision to maintain a fun and safe environment
* Wear comfortable clothes since you’ll be doing a lot of stretching and sweating
* Classes for every aspect of climbing are available and can be done in private in many cases
* Most facilities make a day pass available if you’re not interested in membership
Stone Summit Climbing and Fitness Center
3701 Presidential Pkwy
Atlanta, GA 30341
Stone Summit Climbing and Fitness Center is a climber’s paradise. They have walls ranging from 25 feet to 60 feet high, a bouldering room, and classes for climbers of all levels. Day passes start at $10, while monthly memberships start at $38. All necessary equipment is included in the fee. Don’t let the fact that Stone Summit is the nation’s largest climbing gym intimidate you.
Atlanta Rocks! Indoor Climbing Gym
1019 Collier Rd NW, Suite A
Atlanta, GA 30318
Atlanta Rocks! Indoor Climbing Gym houses more than 12,000 square feet of climbing surface with more than 50 top-rope stations, overhanging lead routes, and hundreds of climbs. Day rates range from $15 – $17 and membership fees start at $85. There are also various discounts and instructional classes and a beginner’s climbing program which requires a non-refundable $25 deposit.
Wall Crawler Rock Club
1522 Dekalb Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30307
Wall Crawler Rock Club has over 8,800 square feet of indoor rock climbing surface, offers a laid back and challenging atmosphere and indoor and outdoor climbing instruction. Climbers can pay a $45 monthly membership, or get a pre-paid memberships or punch cards. Students can get day passes for $10 on Fridays; women pay $10 on Wednesday nights.
Escalade Rock Climbing Gym
3694 Kennesaw South Industrial Dr NW, Suite B
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Escalade Rock Climbing Gym has two-story bouldering with 80 feet of continuous roof climbing, apparently making it the venue with the largest bouldering all in Atlanta. Daily passes are available from $15 – $20 with discounts for students. Membership fees range from $70 – $500. Classes are also available at $20 – $25 per person ($35 per hour for private lessons).
Campus Recreation Center
750 Ferst Drive NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30332
Georgia Tech has a very adequate climbing wall at their Campus Recreation Center, but access is only for those affiliated with the college (faculty/staff, affiliates, retirees, alumni, spouses, children), but those particular persons are allowed to secure guest passes for those outside the university ($5 – $7 per person). The Campus Recreation Center has a 2,000 square-foot climbing space, a 39-foot rock wall, and more.