The Biggest Show On Radio – Three Mics, One Cause
One of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country!
Our not-for-profit healthcare system includes:
- 529 licensed beds
- 3 hospitals
- 20 neighborhood locations, including:
- Five Urgent Care Centers
- Marcus Autism Center
- 43 telemedicine locations around Georgia
- More than 40 pediatric cardiologists at 19 statewide locations
- More than 8,400 employees
- Access to more than 1,700 pediatric physicians representing more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs
- 6,500 volunteers
In 2012, we managed:
- 847,998 patient visits
- 346,356 patients (from all 159 counties in Georgia)
- 25,868 hospital admissions
- 147,830 inpatient days
- 816,227 outpatient visits
- 38,663 surgical procedures (inpatient and outpatient)
- 213,579 Emergency Department visits
- 121,008 Urgent Care Center visits
- 45,887 primary care visits
- 135,000 calls from parents across Georgia to the Children’s nurse advice line
In 2012, we continued making strides with Strong4Life, our program to lead the fight against childhood obesity in Georgia.
- Strong4Life served more than 300,000 kids. The program has impacted more than 432,000 kids since inception.
- Strong4Life trained 1,500 healthcare providers. More than 2,800 healthcare providers have been trained since beginning in 2011.
- Strong4Life worked with more than 170 schools, 80 of which were through our Kohl’s Healthy Halls School Wellness Program.
- The Health4Life Clinic saw nearly 1,500 patient visits.
- Camp Strong4Life hosted more than 260 campers and family members and helped 80 percent of campers decrease body fat and reduce/maintain BMI.
In our 11th year of Radiothon, we are excited to be partnering with CBS Radio for The Biggest Show on Radio. 3 Mics. 1 Cause. Listeners will have three opportunities to tune into the Radiothon with our partners V-103, Atlanta SportsRadio 92-9 The Game, and WAOK. This event relies heavily on volunteer support, and this year you can help. Sign up to be a volunteer for this year’s event, and help make miracles happen at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Radiothon dollars support multiple departments and programs throughout our hospital system!
On Thursday, November 14, CBS Radio talents will broadcast live from Children’s Egleston in the cafeteria. Below are the volunteer shifts and times that are available. Note that the shifts are filled at a first come, first serve basis.
To volunteer for one of the shifts, please contact Brittany Wilson at email@example.com or call 404.785.7363. A confirmation email will be sent to you with directions and more information. Thank you!
Thursday, November 14th
- 6:00-7:30 a.m. (10 volunteers)
- 6:30-8:30 a.m. (15 volunteers)
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. (25 volunteers)
- 10:00-12:30 p.m. (25 volunteers)
- 12:15-2:15 p.m. (20 volunteers)
- 2:15-4:00 p.m. (25 volunteers)
- 4:00-6:00 p.m. (25 volunteers)