Health Topic Centers
CBS Atlanta Health News
- Georgia Seniors Save Millions Through Obamacare President Barack Obama's healthcare plan is saving Georgia seniors millions on prescription drugs. The U.S. Health Department says over the past four years, the Affordable Care Act has trimmed 327-million dollars off medication costs. The...
- Motion Filed To Dismiss Alabama Penis Amputation Lawsuit 2 doctors are accused of amputating a man's penis during what was supposed to be a routine circumcision.
- CDC: Risk Of Ebola Spreading To US Is Remote U.S. health officials are monitoring the Ebola outbreak in Africa but say the risk of the deadly germ spreading to the United States is remote.
- Study: Anal, Throat Cancers On Rise Among Young Adults According to a new study, anal and throat cancers have increased over the past 35 years in adults younger than 45.
- Oldest Medical Record Of Near Death Experience Discovered 18th Century French doctor suggested a rush of blood to the brain accounted for the mysterious phenomenon.
- Experts: Food Allergies Are Skyrocketing An explosion of food allergies is unique to America and Europe and no one seems to know why.
- Butter Making A Comeback As New Study Suggests Health Benefits Researchers from the University of Cambridge in England found butter and other fats like it may not be as bad for us as once thought, and may even have some health benefits.
- Doctor Claims That Dogs Understand What Humans Say To Them Dr. Greg Berns of Emory University wants to prove that a dog really does understand what its owner is saying to them.
- HIV-Killing Condom Could Launch In Next Few Months Australian company working with condom manufacturer to combine anti-viral gel with lubricant.
- Study: HIV Diagnoses Drop In US, But Increase In Young Gay Men Number of HIV diagnoses among younger gay men increased from 2002 to 2011.