Health Topic Centers
CBS Atlanta Health News
- CDC Recommending Vaccination To Combat Seasonal Flu The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is recommending people get immunized as soon as vaccines are available for the upcoming flu season.
- A Pill To Treat Concussions Is On The Way While searching for a cancer cure, Dr. James Lechleiter discovered compounds that stimulate the special cells that protect the brain from long-term damage.
- More Insurers To Offer Health Law Plans Next Year The Obama administration says consumers in most states will have more insurance options next year under the president's health care law. The Health and Human Services department on Tuesday reported a net increase of 63 insurers joining the market in...
- 3 Convicted In Georgia Salmonella-Tainted Peanut Trial Parnell brothers convicted on charges related to falsified lab results, an employee was convicted of obstruction of justice.
- Study: PTSD Linked to Food Addiction In Women Women who suffer from the worst symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder are twice as likely to be addicted to food that those who do not, a new study finds.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Expert: 5 Million People Could Die From Ebola Outbreak An Ebola expert is predicting that 5 million people could die from the deadly disease.
- New Technology Uses Breath To Detect Deadly Diseases Something as simple as your breath could be the most accurate diagnostic tool for everything from asthma to cancer.
- Doctor: Blue Light From Electronics Can Wreak Havoc On Children's Sleep The latest research shows that nighttime exposure to blue light – mainly from computers, smartphones, tablets and e-readers -- is particularly harmful.
- A Medical Re-Awakening To Issues Of Domestic Violence Desiree Cooper, a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood, said many victims of abuse neglect their healthcare needs.