Health Topic Centers
CBS Atlanta Health News
- Report: Dogs Eating Dead Bodies Of Ebola Victims On Liberian Streets Dogs in one community in Liberia are reportedly eating the remains of dead Ebola victims lying on the streets.
- New Nail Polish Detects Presence of Date Rape Drugs in Drinks The future of preventing date rape may soon be at the tip of your finger—literally.
- At-Home Test For Colon Cancer Coming Soon The Mayo Clinic is the first in the country to offer a new, at-home screening test for colon cancer.
- Study: Parents Increasingly Unable To Identify Obesity In Their Own Children More than three-quarters of parents perceived their overweight children as “about the right weight,” according to a new study that reveals parents today are far less capable of realizing when their children are overweight or obese.
- Study: Finding Cure For Cancer May Be Impossible Cancer causing cells evolved along with human beings so the disease may never be eradicated.
- Poll: 39 Percent Of Americans Fear Large Ebola Outbreak In The Next Year Nearly four-in-ten (39 percent) U.S. adults are concerned that there will be a large outbreak of the Ebola virus, and more than one-quarter (26 percent) are concerned that they or someone in their immediate family may get sick with Ebola in the next...
- Dr. Brantly: 'God Saved My Life' The two American aid workers who were infected with the deadly Ebola virus in Africa have been discharged from an Atlanta hospital where they were treated, the aid groups they were working for said Thursday.
- CDC: US Teen Birth Rate Hit Historic Low In 2013 Continuing trend reflects changing behavior of teens.
- WHO: Ebola Outbreak In West Africa Has Killed More Than 1,200 People The Ebola outbreak in West Africa has killed more than 1,200 people since it began in December 2013, the World Health Organization said Tuesday.
- Researchers Don't Know How To Stop Ebola From Seeding New Outbreaks A scary problem lurks beyond the frenzied efforts to keep people from spreading Ebola: No one knows exactly where the virus comes from or how to stop it from seeding new outbreaks.