CBS Atlanta Health News
- Heroin Use Increasing Among Women And Wealthy The demographics behind heroin addiction in the United States are making a shift as its use increases among women and well-off abusers, according to information released by federal officials Tuesday.
- The Battle For Control Of The Growing Breast Milk Industry It could trade for 400 times more than the price of crude oil and 2,000 times more than iron ore. If sold off the shelf, it could cost more than 150 times the price of a gallon of cow's milk and 15 times more than coffee.
- Study: Doctors Can Predict Premature Death Risk Over Calcium Deposits A new study finds that doctors may be able to predict a person's early death risk due to calcium deposits in arteries.
- Study: Hospital Death Risk Increases On Weekends A hospital safety report lists the so-called “weekend effect” as a major cause behind one’s hospital death risk being higher on the weekends.
- Experts: Anti-Vaccine Parents Shunning Vitamin Shot That Prevents Internal Bleeding For Newborns ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta)-- Doctors are concerned after some anti-vaccine parents are shunning a vitamin K shot that prevents internal bleeding for newborns. CBS News reports parents' decision to refuse the shot can have severe consequences, according...
- Researchers Pinpoint Single Protein That Increases Spread Of Cancer The removal of a single protein that triggers the growth of blood vessels in breast cancer tumors can slow the spread to the brain.
- Researchers Successfully Test Bionic Eye Implant Device Bionic eye implants were successfully placed in the retinas of patients blinded by retinitis pigmentosa, an inherited and degenerative eye disease that causes severe vision impairment.
- Too Much Truth: Dr. James Fowler Jr. On Too Much Truth, we were joined by Dr. James Fowler Jr. and he discussed chiropractic services and heat related complications. Dr. Fowler is a chiropractor at Sparlin Healthcare. Sparlin Healthcare is located at 923 Dill Ave SW, Atlanta, GA...
- Study Finds A Catnap At Work Will Boost Productivity Could taking a catnap at work boost productivity among workers? According to a new study, it very well could.
- FDA To Vote On New Sex Drug For Women The FDA is set to vote on a new sex drug for women which would treat patients with hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD).