Health Topic Centers
CBS Atlanta Health News
- CDC: US Children Consume Too Much Salt According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 90 percent of children in the U.S. aged 6 -18 have too much salt in their diet.
- Study: Sunny Days May Boost Suicide Rate A recent study has found a link between sunlight exposure and suicide rates; adding further evidence to previous studies.
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Study: 90 Percent Of American Kids Eat Too Much Salt ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS Atlanta) - A new study has found that nine out of 10 American children eat too much salt putting them at risk of high blood pressure and heart disease. Researchers from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found...
- Expert: Is a Low-Carb Diet Better Than a Low-Fat Diet? A new study finds the best diet for weight loss and heart health may be a low-carb diet.
- Study: Action-Packed TV Might Make You Snack More Could action-packed TV fare make you fat? That's the implication of a new study that found people snacked more watching fast-paced television than viewing a more leisurely paced talk show.
- Study Shows Treatment In Infants Reduces Symptoms Of Autism There is new hope in the fight against autism and it starts before a child is even diagnosed.
- Study: Potassium Can Help Prevent Strokes A new report in the journal 'Stroke' says there could be advantages to having potassium in the body.
- Atlanta Up Close: 9/6/14 This weekend on Atlanta Up Close.... I have the pleasure of interviewing two fabulous women who have lost HUNDREDS of pounds due to the support they receive from an anonymous group of FOOD ADDICTS. They'll be hosting an introductory meeting on...
- 'Infant Cocooning' Becoming More Popular Among New Parents The idea is to immunize everyone who comes into contact with the baby.