Every week join Dukes and Bell as they host Atlanta United President Darren Eales in the 5’o clock hour on Tuesdays. Eales was in studio leading up to the match against the Chicago Fire and spent some time talking about their first two games.
- Eales is still incredibly impressed 55,000-plus fans filled Bobby Dodd Stadium for the season opener. He said you could have dropped any fan from Europe or South America into that crowd and they would have felt at home.
- That opener and the six-goal output in Minnesota has put the MLS world on notice. [It] “made the rest of the league sit up and notice,” said Eales.
- It took a lot of hard work and time to launch Atlanta United, and Eales said they wanted to build around the supporters from the very beginning — even before games started.
- Eales broke down Tata Martino’s attacking style and praised him for pushing the ball forward in Minnesota, especially in the second half.
- With the incredible crowd support, Eales has high hopes: “I’m still optimistic that we’ll end up catching Seattle and being the biggest team in the league.”
Click below to hear the entire interview: