NFL on FOX analyst Charles Davis joined The Morning Show with John Fricke and Hugh Douglas Thursday to talk both NFL free agency and the recent combine. First the combine:
- Jabrill Peppers was a player that really stood out for Davis. He may have to drop some of the weight he added to look good with the linebackers, but Davis was impressed that he was able to do drills with both the LBs and defensive backs.
- Former Washington cornerback Kevin King was a guy Davis feels “opened eyes” at the combine.
- Myles Garrett confirmed that he should be the No. 1 overall pick, according to Davis.
- John Ross ran a 4.22-second 40-yard dash and Davis said his speed catapulted him into the first round. “He’s in the first round,” said Davis. “It’ll be interesting to me to see just how high.” Davis cautioned folks to look at Ross’ injury history.
- And after former Georgia State receiver turned heads, Davis said: “I guarantee you on the way home, scouts were watching tape on him.”
It wasn’t all combine talk, though. Rumors are rampant that the Atlanta Falcons are interested in free-agent-to-be Dontari Poe. Davis spoke with Fricke and Hugh about the interesting situation in which he might be forced to sign a one-year deal.
LISTEN to the entire interview by clicking below: