ATLANTA — The Falcons released two players and waived nine more late Friday afternoon to trim their roster from 75 to 64. Atlanta still must make 11 moves to get its roster to the NFL requirement of 53. Those moves must be made by Saturday at 4 p.m. ET.
- Shayne Graham, kicker
- Bryce Harris, offensive tackle
- Nordly Capi, defensive end
- Laurence Gibson, offensive tackle
- Malliciah Goodman, defensive end
- Cory Johnson, defensive tackle
- Devonte Johnson, cornerback
- Damian Parms, safety
- Collin Rahrig, offensive lineman
- Corey Washington, wide receiver
- Matt Well, linebacker
- With Graham gone, it’s abundantly clear that Matt Bryant’s health is of little concern and he won the battle of the kickers.
- Watch for a few of these players to potentially fit back with the Falcons as practice squad players; namely: Capi, who showed flashes of upside in pass-rush situations, and Washington, whose size and versatility (he moved to corner from wide receiver shortly to help out) remains intriguing.