Football season is upon us again! As fans, we love to play fantasy football because it allows us to feel like we are part of the action and we are all in it to win it. The road to the championship is won not only by those crucial first few picks but also the guys who are picked in the later rounds. Here are five guys that could take your team to the next level that other fantasy managers may overlook.
1. Jameis Winston QB Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Winston has dropped some pounds and is beginning his second year under, now head coach, Dirk Cutter. I look for his turnovers to go down and his touchdowns to go up.
2. Jeremy Langford RB Chicago Bears – The Bears need to run the ball to keep the defense from keying in on Jay Cutler and those big wide receivers, Langford will have to carry that load. He has big play capabilities which can translate to big fantasy points.
3. Duke Johnson RB Cleveland Browns – Duke splits carries with Isaiah Crowell in Cleveland, but where he will separate himself in fantasy terms is his ability to catch the football. Last season Johnson caught 61 balls and that’s important on a team that may find themselves playing from behind a lot.
4. Donte Moncrief WR Indianapolis Colts – Teams will focus on stopping T.Y. Hilton and that will give Donte the opportunity to make a name for himself. It will help to have Andrew Luck healthy and chopping up defenses.
5. Eric Ebron TE Detroit Lions – Ebron should see the ball often in the Red Zone now that Calvin Johnson has retired. He recently injured his leg but it does not seem to be long term considering he didn’t require surgery and he has been seen walking around without a boot.
Hopefully one of these guys will turn into “fantasy gold” for you and be a major contributor to your championship run.
By Gordon Robinson