Meet Mo’Ne Davis The Girl Who Pitched Her Team Into The LLWS
The Taney Dragons will represent the City of Brotherly love this year at the Little League World Series. What’s the big deal you ask? Well the player that got them there just so happens to be a 13-year old girl named Mo’ne Davis who pitched a shutout against Delaware’s Newark National Team.
Davis recorded six strikeouts, and allowed just three hits. So who is this teenaged phenom from Philly?
Here are seven things you should know about Mo’ne Davis.
1. Mo’ne’s fastball can reach 70 mph and her curveball is killer.
2. Mo’Ne started playing baseball at age of seven.
3. She’s the first girl to toss a complete shutout in a Little League World Series-clinching contest.
4. Baseball isn’t her only sport. Mo’ne actually dreams of playing basketball for UConn and then the WNBA.
6. Her walk-up song is Beyonce’s “Run the World (Girls).”
7. Mo’ne told ESPN: “No matter who you are, you should be able to do what you like to do and what you’ve always dreamed of doing.” #truth