DA: Atlanta Man Convicted In Killing Over Parking

ATLANTA (AP) — Prosecutors say a 33-year-old Atlanta man has been convicted and sentenced to life in prison without parole for a 2012 killing following a dispute over a parking space.

Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr. said in a statement Friday that a jury had convicted Charles Cook of murder and weapons charges in the shooting death of 34-year-old Salento Winfrey.

Howard says the two men lived in separate apartments and had been fighting over the use of a shared driveway when the dispute escalated. Winfrey was shot twice in the back and once in the back of the leg. He later died at a local hospital.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Atlanta

Watch Dukes & Bell Live
Taz Goes Big With A New Daily Show!

Watch & Listen