Top 10: Bold Predictions For The 2013 Season
We’re on the eve of the 2013 season. Time for some bold — and not so bold — predictions. Most of these will probably be wrong. A few will be right although I didn’t rank these in order of my confidence in the calls. Here is this week’s Top 10 list.
1. Johnny Manziel will play this season and lead Texas A&M to another top-five finish: He will also complete a pass after scrambling for 20 seconds and he’ll become the first athlete to ever present at the CMAs and the BET awards. But he won’t win another Heisman.
2. The Heisman Trophy winner will be a defensive lineman. Jadeveon Clowney already has produced an attention-getting highlight, he’s a big-play defender and also plays for a powerhouse team in the best league. Plus he has the credibility of NFL scouts branding him as the best player in college football. Now, the question is, does Clowney have enough good players around him so he doesn’t have to deal with triple-teams, and will he pile up big enough stats? I’ll say yes on all counts.
3. Jameis Winston will live up to the hype: Not only that, but the Florida State freshman QB will do things on the field that’ll have media scrambling to Alabama, wondering why a relatively small state has produced so many spectacular athletes.
4. FSU will run the table: But the FSU is Fresno State.
5. Texas will win the Red River game with its defense: The Longhorns will also have a top 15 season.
6. Charlie Weis will finally beat an FBS opponent at Kansas: He will beat two of…