Helpful Hints for Fans Attending the Chipper Jones Uniform Number Retirement Tonight
June 28, 2013 10:45 AM
Buy Braves Tickets
- With large crowds expected at Turner Field for the Chipper Jones number retirement, fans who will be attending are encouraged to arrive early. Parking lots will open at 3:00 p.m. and the Turner Field gates will open at 4:35 p.m.
- Official Braves parking lots are SOLD OUT and will be accessible by PERMIT ONLY for fans that pre-purchased parking.
- If fans did not pre-purchase their parking, the Braves encourage them to take alternate transportation to Turner Field. The MARTA Braves shuttle begins its run 90 minutes prior to first pitch from the Underground Atlanta/Five Points MARTA station to Turner Field until one hour after the final out. For those fans who may want to arrive at the ballpark before the MARTA Braves shuttle begins its game operation MARTA recommends catching any one of three other available bus routes – the #32, the # 49 or the # 55. All three bus lines may be caught at the Five Points MARTA station and all three routes stop at points adjacent (i.e. Hank Aaron Drive, Pollard Blvd) to Turner Field. For more information on these routes please visit www.itsmarta.com .
- For Fans who would like to purchase STANDING ROOM ONLY TICKETS ($25/each), the Turner Field ticket kiosks will open at 6:30 a.m. and the Braves ticket windows will open at 9:30 a.m. on Friday. A few reserved seats remain and can be purchased online at www.braves.com, the Turner Field ticket windows and kiosks and at all Ticketmaster locations or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
- Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 6:45 p.m. for the special pregame ceremonies, as Chipper Jones number retirement ceremonies will begin promptly at 7 p.m.