Ala. Baby Dies From Meth Exposure, Mother Arrested
ALEX CITY, Ala. (AP) — A 24-year-old woman has been arrested for child endangerment after police say her baby died from inhaling methamphetamine fumes.
Police say Lindsay Nelson’s 2-month-old son died in May, and a recent autopsy has revealed the baby died from inhaling meth fumes.
Authorities tell WSFA-TV it is unclear if anyone in the home was cooking or smoking the drug in Nelson’s Alex City home. Court records indicate Nelson has requested an attorney but it is unclear if she has been assigned one.
Police say Nelson faces a minimum of 20 years in prison if she’s convicted.
Alex City is about 50 miles northeast of Montgomery.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)