Neon Sign Device Blamed For Restaurant Fire

ATLANTA (AP/WAOK) – Fire officials in Gwinnett County say a neon sign transformer in the attic caused a fire that tore through a barbeque restaurant and left the building on the verge of collapsing.

The fire was reported around 5:20 p.m. Jan. 16 at Dreamland Bar-B-Que on Peachtree Parkway in Norcross.

Gwinnett County fire Lt. Colin Rhoden says the transformer was not in use at the time, but caused electrical arcing in the attic.

Fire officials said the actions of a manager at the restaurant in evacuating guests and employees averted what could have been a loss of life during the dinner rush at the restaurant. Everyone made it out, and no one was hurt.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Atlanta

Watch Dukes & Bell Live
Taz Goes Big With A New Daily Show!

Watch & Listen