NFC/AFC Injury Report Brought To You By Bruce Hagen- (Updated Jan. 17th)
Well here we go! It’s Conference Championship Week in the NFL. So, lets take a look at the injuries that we should be on the lookout for on Sunday.
- Of course, we have to start with our Falcons. Like, Jonathan Babineaux and Jon Abraham both taking part in limited practice on Wednesday. Abraham did play in Sunday’s game, before leaving early again with the ankle issue. Babineaux is listed as having a shoulder issue. (Update: Jonathan Babineaux, Jon Abraham, and Chris Owens all took part in limited practice. Still looking good to go Sunday.)
- In the secondary, William Moore has a hand injury and was wearing a cast on Wednesday. He did go through full practice and is not expected to miss Sunday. (Update: Nothing changed with William Moore on Thursday.)
- For the 49ers, both Aldon Smith and cornerback Tarell Brown were limited during Wednesday’s workouts with shoulder issues.
- (Updated: CSN Baltimore’s Jay Michael reports that Ravens RB Bernard Pierce is questionable for Sunday with a knee issue, after missing practice again on Thursday.)
- The Patriots did lose Rob Gronkowski again with the broken forearm last week against the Texans. He first injured it against the Colts earlier in the season. He will need surgery over the offseason.
- (Updated: Danny Woodhead was a full participant in Thursday’s practice with a thumb issue. He could have his offensive role diminished with the stellar play of Shane Vereen last Sunday.)
That’s a quick look at the injuries from around the league leading into this weekend. I will have an update tomorrow.