Police: Student Suffers Alcohol Poisoning After Frat Hands Out Alcoholic Enemas

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (CBS Atlanta) — A student from the University of Tennessee was hospitalized with alcohol poisoning after he was subjected to an alcoholic enema.

According to The Tennessean, Alexander Broughton, 20, was dropped off at the university’s medical center at around 1:30 a.m. Saturday unresponsive with a blood alcohol level greater than 0.4, which is poisonous and could be deadly.

Broughton was at a party at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house when several members handed out rubber tubing to give each other alcoholic enemas, the paper reports.

Knoxville police say that an alcoholic enema increases and speeds up the effect of alcohol on the body.

Police also told The Tennessean that investigators found two other fraternity members passed out when they arrived at the house.

Police aren’t sure if the incident with Broughton was a result of hazing, or if he decided to undergo the enema willingly, but they are looking into both possibilities.

The university is now debating on the future of Pi Kappa Alpha. The fraternity is suspended for 30 days, and may be permanently banned, depending on the investigation.

Broughton has since been discharged from the medical center.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Atlanta

Taz Goes Big With A New Daily Show!
Enter NOW

Watch & Listen