Warning Signs Of A Stroke
As we continue to give you healthy tips on behalf of the American Heart Association, Larry Tinsley has a few tips on how you can detect if you or a loved one is having a stroke.The following are warning signs of a stroke:
1. Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body.
2. Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
3. Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
4. Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
5. A sudden severe headache with no known cause.
If you notice any of these symptoms, the American Heart Association reminds you to call 9-1-1 immediately. Remember, time is of the essence. To prevent a stroke, you must maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels, stop smoking, limit your use of alcohol and control your weight. For further info you can visit The National Stroke Association at www.stroke.org.