Reporting Jean Ross
For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS Atlanta's
ATLANTA (WAOK)-Congressman David Scott is holding his annual Health Fair this weekend in Atlanta. Congressman Scott brings together area hospitals, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and leaders of the healthcare industry to host his annual health fair for residents of the 13th Congressional District. This year’s event will offer an array of FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS.
WHEN: SATURDAY, AUGUST 13, 2011 – 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
WHERE: MUNDY’S MILL HIGH SCHOOL
9652 Fayetteville Road, Jonesboro, GA 30238
ACTIVITIES AT THE HEALTH FAIR:
- Receive FREE health screenings for women’s and men’s health issues including: Prostate cancer, Breast cancer, Diabetes, HIV/AIDS, vision, dental, blood pressure, cholesterol, bone density, chiropractic & many more!
- Hear from renowned healthcare leaders, including: Dr. David Satcher, Dr. Farah Williams, Dr. Rogsbert Phillips, and Dr. James Benton
- Speak directly with healthcare professionals about healthcare assistance programs like Medicare, Medicaid, PeachCare, prescription drug assistance, and others for the uninsured.
- Pre-registration is required to take advantage of FREE PROSTATE CANCER (PSA) screenings at the Health Fair.
- TO PRE-REGISTER, PLEASE CLICK HERE or CALL 770-210-5073.
To find out which health organizations will be on site click here
Congressman Scott will be a guest on “Powertalk with Lorraine Jacques White on WAOK Thursday morning.