Porsche Coming to Hapeville

Atlanta (WAOK)-Porsche is moving its North American headquarters to the former Ford plant near Hapeville. The official announcement is expected to come from state and local officials on Thursday. Porsche Cars North America Inc., has been in Sandy Springs for the past 13 years. The luxury carmaker is expected to build a test track for its cars when it moves to Hapeville. The move is not expected to happen until after the current lease expires in 2013.  Several hundred jobs could be effected.

More from Jean Ross
Comments

1. MARY GLENN says:

Will you be Hiring? And if so, How many position will you have ? and what are they? COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK. IM READY TO USE THESE SKILL I HAVE . THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

2. Therese says:

This is indeed good news for Metro Atlanta. I wonder what they will put in the old GM plant site in Doraville. That is also a prime location, close to public transportation and an area that is fast becoming very re-gentrified with several Publix supermarkets, Starbucks coffee shops and all the usual amenities that comes with re-gentrification. I was on Chamblee-Tucker Road, the end closer to Peachtree Industrial Blvd a few days ago, and saw the many town homes built, the lofts, new businesses, etc. This area has changed vastly within the past 5-7 years.

3. DEDE says:

4. RGM says:

Where do we apply for a Job ?

1. jean103 says:

I would check the porsche website. The new plant will not be open for another year at least but start checking now.

5. anthony glover says:

i hope that when the plant comes,i would be one of the chosen ones to work there.i need a change,not only in my career but from the people whom i work for

6. Nika says:

So I remember this BS from last year. 11 months later I still have not found a job. And these wont come until 2014 I guess. Total BS.