Now 4 Lawsuits Against Bishop Eddie Long-LATEST INFO!

bj bernstein Now 4 Lawsuits Against Bishop Eddie Long LATEST INFO!

Late Friday afternoon a fourth man joined three others who are filing lawsuits against Bishop Eddie Long and New Birth Missionary Baptist Church on charges of sexual coercion.  Click more for the latest info on the case

The fourth plaintiff is identified as 22 yr old Spencer LeGrande who says he first met Bishop Long when he was 15 and he attended a sermon Long preached at his satellite church in Charlotte, N.C. For the first time LeGrande tells of Bishop Long allegedly giving him a sleeping pill before their first sexual encounter. Here is the latest on this breaking info from the AJC.com

Once again, Atlanta Attorney B.J. Bernstein is representing LeGrande and filed his lawsuit today.  Earlier in the week when the first two lawsuits were filed on behalf of Maurice Robinson and Anthony Flagg, Bernstein spoke with the Frank and Wanda morning show on our sister station V-103.

On Wednesday afternoon a third lawsuit was filed against Bishop Long by Jamal Parris. You can read the details of all three lawsuits filed on behalf of Maurice Robinson,  Anthony Flagg and Parris by clicking on the links below.

Jamal Parris

Long Lawsuit: Robinson Complaint

Long Lawsuit: Flagg Complaint

PDF: Spencer LeGrande Suit

On Thursday morning Frank and Wanda spoke to Attorney Craig Gillen  who is representing Bishop Long about the case.

Here are the photos released by Bernstein that were allegedly sent to one of the plaintiffs.

1285248483eddie long scandalpics Now 4 Lawsuits Against Bishop Eddie Long LATEST INFO!

Bishop Long plans to address the charges on Sunday morning before his congregation. We will continue to follow the story and bring you the facts.

Comments

1. Shabba says:

I’m not surprised by anything that comes out of this church. This church will go the say way as Chapel Hill Harvester. I remember when that was the largest church in Dekalb Cnty, now it is a shadow it’s former self… Bishop Long New Birth, Creflos World Changers, TD Jakes, Joel Osteen, will all go by the wayside once these sleeping zombies wakeup and realized they have been tricked….To quote Br Malcolm X, you’re been had, you’ve been took, you’ve been bamboozled…

Once you start having a 25K membership, you know this a money driven industry and has nothing to do with saving souls…Most of thsese churches has a 80% female membership, mostly single. This should be a red flag to you. Game recognised game, men know when you’re running a line on them, that is why you can’t fool them into emptying their wallets into these church coffers…

Parents, dont turn over your children to strangers who will not have their best interest at heart…

1. ForReal says:

I do realize it’s some shallow thinking people out here;but come on Shabba BRO let’s have balance. I know you ‘re not bamboozled yourself the reason so many woman attend church because there no leaders in the home; alot of brothers have lost there balance. I WAS A FOOL TOO thinking somebody owe me, a convited felon, before really knowing about life, can’t get a job cause I was bamboozled being a taker until I went to church and we all know there’s a God but the problem is we don’t know who we are in him, we all have to answer to God when he calls us,that for real. Let’s not point fingers, cause alot of us haven’t been caught yet.

1. Shabba says:

@ForReal: Your God is always present within you, you have to learn to tap into it and not let some self-educated negro teach you from a book that has been revised 27 times. If this book was Gdo’s word, it should never need to be revised or changed…Put down your oppressors book which was used to enslave our ancestors, and are still being used by these ignorant biscuit eater preachers to carry on this enslavement…These caucasions do owe us, our ancestors built this western hemisphere for free, they have paid themselves (Jews), Japanese, Native American and Chinese…Why are we the only ones who are saying we don’t own anything? You had better wake up and wipe the sleep from your eyes.. We were the first commodity sold on the stock markets, so it might be poetic justice if the real estate market crash under the weight of the toxic loans that were sold to blacks at higher rates than whites with the same credit scores…

2. G says:

Shabba…

Obviously you have not visited these churches and/or have only listened to what you hear from others. Judge not least you be judge by the same word.

Do you even read the bible. Just because females choose to give their lives to Christ and establish a stronger and spiritual relationship with God, does not mean they are being taken for a ride.

After all, I’m a sister in Christ and do attend one of these Church’s you mention; however, that’s where your one on one relation comes in with God. Read the word for yourself “Study to show thy self approved”. Don’t just open the bible when or if you go to Church but on a daily basis.

If these churchs are founded on money principles only; why is that some of the ministers you mention receive no salary from they’re church? Didn’t know that did you?

1. GB says:

@G: If you want to bring up a question of salary, no, Eddie Long does not receive salary from the church. He instead is paid by his own charity to help disadvantaged people!!! Over a 4 year period, he claimed nearly half the money that was donated to his charity that he started to help other people(somewhere around $4 mil). Didn’t you know that did you?

I agree completely with Shabba. Sometimes when people are too focused on their religious beliefs, they can be blinded to rational thought. No I am not a Christian, but I was raised 5 minutes from New Birth in a Baptist home so yes, I know exactly what’s going on here. Also, if you took another man and put him in the same situation, you would assume he was guilty given all the facts and some basic knowledge of psychology etc. I’ll quote another thread I’ve seen on the topic; “wake up sheeple.”

2. K says:

Wow… I am looking at the 7:00pm World News and they are not covering this story. I find that interesting. Hmmmm….

1. K says:

Disregard…they covered…not a pretty picture, either.

3. Servant2All says:

Why does the Parris complaint require a login in order to see it, but all can see the other two?

1. jean103 says:

We had a technical glitch with the Parris complaint but it should be fixed now

4. Sis C says:

Repent! For the kingdom of heaven is at hand. When the preacher isnt’t telling the people the word of God they will continue in sin. The absence of God is the presence of the devil. this bishop doesn’t have the Holy Ghost. If he did he would have rebuked the devil. Stop preaching Prosperity! Preach Holiness and live it. Then you can prosper even as your soul prosper. Hebrews 12:14 READ

5. Hornet77 says:

I don’t recall Jesus having expensive clothes and jewelry. I don’t recall Jesus having monetary wealth. I don’t recall Jesus having a home fit for a king. The only thing I recall him having is an unabiding love of God.

1. WTH??? says:

I totally agree Hornet77…..

Since when does a “preacher” need a private plane, trips to exotic localations (with members), expensive cars, clothes and jewels? How much money is this church taking in to be able to afford all these things in addition to the mortgage, the electric, and all the other church bills?

When I was young churches used the tithes and offerings to HELP the congregation when they needed food, clothing, shelter, utilities etc. Now the money goes to HELP the preacher to HELP HIMSELF!!!!

This is one of the reasons I stopped going to church! WSO much greed and sexual misconduct its just unbelieveable! The WORD of God is no longer a priority, it’s the WORD of man that has overtaken the gospel.

Oh BTW….where were the parents when all this was going on?

1. ForReal says:

WTH first check your source before posting half truths. It bothers me so much that we as a society spend so much time worried about what somebody else is doing, spending and enjoying. As a people and society as a whole we focus so much on the negative and NEVER acknowldge the good. Is it that we are envious when we notice the lack in our ownselves and for some strange (willie lynch mentality) reason we have to point your brother (sister) faults out. Oh by the way I came across the article that might give you some enlightement and free your mind( this was posted in todays ajc)

AJC
        In addition to the dozens of volunteers, Long would meet with principals and deposit money into their school accounts to use at their discretion for building operations, Moseley said.

School records also show New Birth bought championship rings for the Miller Grove basketball team, football and basketball uniforms for Miller Grove and Lithonia, meals for students in evening classes, and prom attire and school supplies for Hurricane Katrina victims.

DeKalb schools aren’t alone. Long and New Birth has donated to numerous DeKalb organizations and politicians’ campaigns. County Commissioner Lee May is an elder at the church and friend of Long’s. Sheriff Thomas Brown serves on the LongFellow Youth Academy board and has been a church member for more years, he said.

Long was one of the founding members of DeKalb Police Alliance, which provides $100,000 life insurance policy for every officer in the county and municipalities. Carolyn Rehling, the alliance’s chairwoman, said Long is still a member of the board, but has not been active in several years.

However, he did donate to the reward fund and the funerals of DeKalb Police Officers Eric Barker and Ricky Bryant Jr., who were killed in the line of duty in 2008.

Don’t be so quick to throw your own people under the bus, remember what happen to Roland Martin just weeks ago. There are so many others thing I want to say but……

2. G says:

actually Jesus’ robe was seemless and this is a sign of an expensive garmet. Additionally, they cast lot for this garmet and obviously would not dare to tare it because it was an expensive garmet.

Let’s be real people “judge not least ye be judge by the same word”. All has sin and come short of the glory of God. That makes none of us any different…same sin…different sin…still a sin.

6. J. Martin says:

I know that even Christians aren’t perfect but it is my prayer that the devil gets exposed…whether it’s the young men or Bishop Long.

7. Ihave taken the time to read the complains of these three young men. And after reading it, it seems like no more than a sex novel. I have seen absolutely nothing that indicates any type of criminal act took place. No do they state they were forced. I have lost what little respect Ihad for Bernstein because she appears to have bushwacked everyone by not trying to settle this first. Instead she ran to the press and started it out in the press. I believe this will go the same way as Monica Lewinski. She had her 15 minutes of fame and ended up with nothing. I believe the only people who will benefit will be the lawyers.

8. Gewels says:

I’m praying that the victims in this situation recover from the damages, mentally and emotionally. I know an extrodinarily multi-talented man who is close to me, who was raped by a choir director at the church he attended around the same age; 14. As an adult now, he struggles bad. It has caused him years of being in and out of jail, and a compulsion of being sexually involved with 14 year old girls and up. Events like this is very harmful to an individual in their future, if they don’t get help. It’s not something that a victim overcomes easily. Especially, when the victim is a man. His fustrations of acting out is always related to him being raped as a young boy. He just recently disclosed to his mother what happened to him after all these years; he is in his 30’s. Yet, he doesn’t bare shame to share his past in testimony, when he sings about it for all those who will listen.

9. John Stallworth says:

I remember a TV minister ( a white man, whose name I do not know ) saying “…the first thing God wants of you is that you be
    rich “. Of course, many of them say that the way to get money is to send them money. Right on ” Prosperity Gospel “, right on.

10. TARASHANDA says:

I RECALL SPEAKING TO A YOUNG MAN WORKING AS A MAINTENANCE MAN AT THE APTS BEHIND THE CHURCH WHOSE MOM AND HE WERE MEMBERS. HIS MOM NEEDED HELP WITH HER RENT AFTER SHE HAD GIVEN OF HER SELF TO THE CHURCH. SHE WAS TOLD “NO”.

WERE U AT THE CHURCH WHEN LONG STOOD ON THE PUPIT AND YELLED AT MEMBERS SAYING “I’M TIRED OF PEOPLE ASKING FOR HELP”

WELL EDDIE YOU NEED THEM NOW THEY DON’T NEED YOU. I AM CERTAIN BY YOUR PHOTOS AS A MAN THINKTH SO IS HE SO FULL OF HIMSELF. REFLECTION, INTROSPECTION. I FEEL HURT AND SHAME FOR HIS WIFE AND SON. WAS IT WORTH IT EDDIE THE SELF GRATIFICATION AND MANIPULTION? IT’S TRUE ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE YOU BUT I KNOW YOU ARE FEELING THE WRATH UPON YOU BUT I WILL PRAY AS GOD SAYS FOR YOUR ENIMINIES AND FOR THOSE WHO “SPITEFULLY” USE YOU. MAY GOD HAVE MERCEY UPON YOU EDDIE. I HOPE YOUR NOT THE PREDITOR AND MONSTER THEY ARE ALLEDGING YOU ARE. YOU HAVE US ALL UNDER ATTACK THE BLACK MAN, THE BLACK CHURCH AND THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD. YOU SEE EDDIE YOUR ACTIONS ARE FAR REACHING AND EMPACTING MANY FACETS OF THE WORLD. THE ONLY THING IS YOUR NOT ALONE YOUR JUST THE ONLY FOCUS RIGHT NOW. I PRAY FOR OUR SOULS WOUNDED AND CONFOUNDED. “HOW MUCH POWER IS ENOUGH FOR YOU????????????????

11. Beeyola Shofu says:

This is all very sad and an epidemic it seems. I am a single mother with 3 boys that I watch closely while they are growing up.

I constantly question them from time to time to make sure that no hanky panky is going on with some adult “around them” and that they are feeling ok.

I know the mind of a sexual predator and I will conclude this story by saying that you can’t fully trust anybody around your kids, male or female. It’s usually someone that knows the kids and even has some kind of relationship with the parents so their guard will be down.

The nature of a sexual predator is to gain the trust/fool those “around” the victim and also to isolate the victims so that they are not protected (like a lion to a weaker prey that they want to have for dinner).

They are crafty and secretive and wise in devious ways. They’ll also try to disorient the victim mentally. So that the victim will be incapacitated to get in the way of their evil intentions.

This is from my own personal experience with these abusers as a child even as an adult so I have studied them extensively through counseling.

If you haven’t experienced this personally or haven’t studied the psychological profile of an abuser, you may be totally ignorant of how compelling and evil an abuser actually is.

Did I mention the bribing that usually accompanies this?

Even the victim has a profile. They are/were likely obedient types towards their parents as young kids and perhaps even raised in a “voiceless” household.

This is a subject I refer to as a “hush-hush” subject. one that most are not comfortable admitting even when the facts make it obvious.

Any of this sound familiar yet?

As a mother and former victim. This story sounds awfully familiar (In a bad way) to me.

Let the courts decide.

12. Koh Samui says:

hi!🙂 im at work right now, so i do not have much time to write… nonetheless! I really liked reading the article. It turned out to be a bunch of excellent stuff. thanks! Sincerely.